Start your own Business Enterprise support service works with people on a one to one basis to explore the opportunities of setting up their own business. The aim of the service is to offer support and good practical business advice.
- Want to find out what self employment is about
- Is considering starting a business
- Has a business idea and wants to research and develop that idea
- Social economy business setup
The following services are available from the Enterprise support service:
- Self employment information & training
- Advice & review of business ideas
- Assistance with marketing and business plans
- Setting up business & book-keeping systems
- Sourcing funding i.e. bank loans and grants
- Ongoing support once the business has been established
Pre Enterprise Support
- Provision of enterprise supports (one-to-one advice, mentor support, guidance, ideas assessment, business plan development and BTWEA registration) targeting clients in Cherry Orchard and Kylemore.
- Enterprise awareness and preparation workshops and information dissemination on enterprise options
- Provide seven Start Your Own Business training courses.
- Refer individuals to other training schemes such as Momentum, Ignite programme and LEO training courses.
- Provision of start-up grants (with targeting of groups and including ring-fenced provision for youth unemployed and people living in disadvantaged communities such as Cherry Orchard)
- Youth enterprise awareness workshops and enterprise training targeting youth unemployed in Cherry Orchard and Traveller groups
- Expansion of the NFTE programme delivery targeting youth out of school and not in education and employment.
Post Enterprise Supports
Business expansion advice to include marketing supports and grants
- Business mentoring support referral of individuals to the Local Enterprise Office (LEO)
- Business training including sales training and book-keeping clinics and those courses run by the Local Enterprise Office (LEO)
- Delivery of a local awards scheme leading to participation in a national awards scheme for candidates supported under BTWEA, and where relevant other enterprise start-ups supported by the company, for unemployed persons.
- Continue the Business Network through coordinating meetings and membership.
Start Your Own Business Training Courses
Courses available during the year include:
- Start Your Own Business
Social Enterprise Supports
- Advice, guidance and technical support to the Cherry Orchard Community Garden as a nascent social enterprise, to include sales growth, marketing, customer service, operations and business plan development.
- Training for the Cherry Orchard Community Garden social enterprise (cross goal collaboration – goal 1)
- Engage An Taisce Green Communities Programme (and engage with monthly action-based training events and field trips for community volunteer gardeners).
- Network supports including visits to other social enterprises in the Dublin area.